Funding gap for Syrian IDPs and Refugees

As of December 2015, UNHCR Syria received 42% of this year’s SRP requirements and leaving a funding gap of 58%.

The humanitarian situation in #Syria has worsened since the beginning of 2015. As 2015 draws to a close, #humanitarian and #protection needs have reached a record high and continue to grow at a staggering rate.

The 2016 Syria Humanitarian Response Plan (HRP) has been developed and set out to serve three objectives:

– Support saving lives, alleviate suffering and increase access to humanitarian response for vulnerable people and those with specific needs.

– Enhance protection by promoting respect for International Law, International Humanitarian Law and Human Rights Law through quality principled assistance, services and advocacy.

– Support the resilience of affected local communities, households and individuals within the humanitarian response by protecting and restoring livelihoods and enabling access to essential services and rehabilitation of socio-economic infrastructures.

Read the2016 Syria Humanitarian Response Plan (HRP): http://goo.gl/s6YfFN

© UNHCR \ SARC \ B. Al Hafiz

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s